- this site has been set up to encourage Bible readers to look ever more closely and discover ever more powerfully the wonder of the Word of God.
- We share and discuss possible chiastic and other literary structures that careful Bible readers can discover for themselves. We do this not as academics in the field of Bible studies but as keen Bible students who have quite recently stumbled upon the awesome non-linear patterns of thought that give us a clearer understanding and richer appreciation of the beauty and power of the Word of God.
- The chiasms posted here have so far in the main been those discovered by ourselves and our friends in daily Bible reading and study. It is encouraging to see that several also appear in academic literature and websites, giving us some confidence that we are on the right lines. However, the lists in this blog should be considered always to be work in progress put forward to stimulate personal Bible study and reflection. Please do not take them as definitive but check them for yourself before marking them in your Bible.
- Where I have thought it helpful I have included proposals from academic writers, and to avoid the impression of plagiarism I have given the source reference. Readers will understand that we are not thereby endorsing any particular doctrinal views held by these authors.
- This site is run by members of the Christadelphian community , and has the endorsement of the Mumbles Christadelphian Ecclesia – http://www.thisisyourbible.com/mumbles.
Stephen Palmer – Administrator